Today is the last day of the Qingming Holidays. I do not know whether the friends of the Dongguan Plastic Mould Factory have returned to their hometowns during the Ching Ming Holidays. The editor I returned to Dongguan from my hometown yesterday was originally five hours away. It was hard to get through 12 hours. That road stopper is really heart-stopping. Well, today I edited and returned to Die & Mold Co., Ltd. to help us introduce the choice of gate locations for plastic mold manufacturing.
In the mold design, the position and size requirements of the gate are more stringent. After the initial trial mold, the gate size needs to be further modified. Regardless of the type of gate used, the location of the gate has a great influence on the molding performance and quality of the plastic parts, so it is reasonable to choose The opening position of the gate is an important part of improving the quality, and at the same time, the difference in the position of the gate also affects the mold structure. In short, to make plastic parts have good performance and appearance, we must seriously consider the choice of gate location.
Usually consider the following principles:
1. Try to shorten the flow distance.
2. The gate should be set at the maximum wall thickness of the plastic part.
3. Weld marks must be minimized.
4. It should be conducive to the discharge of gas in the cavity.
5. Consider the effects of molecular orientation.
6. Avoid spray and creep.
7. Avoid bending and impact loads at the gate.
8. Pay attention to the effect on the appearance quality.
Note: The above information from the Jiezheng mold finishing on the Internet, welcome reproduced, indicate the source!