Today is July 26, 2022. Time passes by like a horse, and more than half of 22 years have passed in the blink of an eye. It's summer now, and I, the editor of Dongguan Plastic Mould Factory, is about to lose my head in the summer heat. I haven't updated the website for a long time. Today, I will introduce the plastics used in plastic molds according to the scope of application.
Plastics can also be divided into general plastics, engineering plastics, and special plastics according to the scope of application.
1. Common plastics are: PP, PVC, PE, PS, etc.;
2. Common engineering plastics are: ABS, PC, PMMA, POM, PA6, PA66, PET, PBT, SAN, etc.;
3. Common special plastics are: PPS, PEI, etc.;
4. Engineering plastics are often modified by some general-purpose plastics; such as changing some molecular structures, adding other components such as glass fiber, etc.;
5. Engineering plastics are industrial plastics that are used as industrial parts or shell materials, and have excellent strength, impact resistance, heat resistance, hardness and aging resistance. The definition of the Japanese industry is "It can be used as a high-performance plastic for structural and mechanical parts, with a heat resistance of more than 100 °C, and is mainly used in industry. Its properties include:
a. Thermal properties: high glass transition temperature (Tg) and melting point (Tm), high heat distortion temperature (HDT), high long-term use temperature (UL-746B), large operating temperature range, and small thermal expansion coefficient.
b. Mechanical properties: high strength, high mechanical modulus, low latent property, wear resistance and fatigue resistance.
c. Others: chemical resistance, excellent electrical resistance, flame resistance, weather resistance, good dimensional stability.
Note: The above information from the Jiezheng mold finishing on the Internet, welcome reproduced, indicate the source!